Network Radar Technician Denali, Alaska
If interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your updated resume in a Word Document to Christal at
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies [radar] equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades, and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
Requirements: Active, DoD issued Secret Security Clearance
Other tasks, to include:
- Performs a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems under general supervision.
- Utilize past hands-on network engineering experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development, and testing methodologies to deploy maintain, integrate, and test the network and computing infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and servers.
- Completes terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment. Export Controlled Information.
- Installs terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restores nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition.
- Supports validation of technical work packages to be added or updated in the technical manuals.
- Performs data recording and data management.
- Work with other engineers, customers, and vendors in configuring, integrating, modifying, upgrading, troubleshooting, ordering and supporting configuration management of all network systems, OS, drivers, and applications software.
- Support the troubleshooting and debugging of network through the use of network test equipment and tools (i.e. wireshark, network analyzer).
- Independently configure and troubleshoot basic LAN connectivity and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, integrate, manage, debug, and maintain Linux workstation and server software and hardware environments.
- Perform system and network administration tasks including managing user accounts, data backup, networking, security, disk management, software license management, etc.
- Independently configure and troubleshoot NAS/SAN environments. Utilize understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts to oversee the network and server security compliance, auditing, and remediation.
- Troubleshoot outages in a STIG compliant environment that may occur while deploying patches and updates.
- Develop documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to support operations and ongoing support activities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice