Provides technical support, assists in the design, deployment, and maintenance of all enterprise systems.
May lead small to medium sized projects independently.
Tests and evaluates technical infrastructure to eliminate problems and make improvements.
Creates installation and support documentation as needed.
Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the networking field.
Relies on basic experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Provides direct support coverage for all enterprise network attached systems and physical network infrastructure including hardware, software, network tools & applications, back office, custom and third party business applications.
Works with other groups in the IS Department to support projects and day-to-day operations as defined by supervisor.
Continuously works to improve personal, technical, and business skills in order to provide the best service possible.
On a rotational basis, provides 24 x 7 support coverage. Perform other duties as assigned.Job Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
Planning / Organization Skills:
- Ability to maintain, configure, and troubleshoot access and distribution switches.
- Must have knowledge of MAC and IP addressing (broadcast, unicast, multicast), switch operating systems, and basic understanding of spanning tree functions.
- Ability to maintain, configure and troubleshoot traditional telephony components.
- Ability to maintain, configure and troubleshoot VoIP end points and voicemail accounts.
- Ability to manage hardware requirements including staging, testing, installation, configuration, maintenance, and decommissioning of components applicable to area of responsibility.
- Ability to document infrastructure configuration, changes, and design components in order to facilitate effective management of the infrastructure and ensure accuracy of the infrastructure information (e.g., components, version numbers, supplier information, history, location, status, component relationships, and asset information)
- Understanding of infrastructure cabling, i.e. fiber, copper, and coax.
- Fully understands the hardware means of sending and receiving data on a carrier, including defining cables, cards and physical aspects. This is must have.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite. This is must have.
- Ability to detect, record, investigate and diagnose events which cause disruption or reduction in quality or service level.
- This includes incident monitoring, tracking, communication, resolution, and recovery.
- Skilled practitioner of the methods, tools, equipment and materials used in telecommunications equipment testing, repair and maintenance
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficiency in prioritizing to effectively meet daily work demands.
- Ability to cultivate positive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Safe Work Practices:
- Create and update job safety analysis (JSA) documents.
- Ability to install, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot communication transmission systems e.g., microwave, radio, VSAT, fiber, cable. This includes in-house and vendor supplied services. This is must have.
- Ability to interface control networks (e.g., SCADA) with Chevron network.
- Understanding of wireless infrastructure transmission characteristics.
- Skilled practitioner of the methods, tools, equipment and materials used in RF equipment testing, repair and maintenance.
- Demonstrated and proven ability specifically in RF test equipment functions.
- Planning / Organization Skills:
- Highly skilled in prioritizing to effectively meet daily work demands
- Ability to pass "fit-for-duty" requirements as described for the office and field technician, on the last page. This is must have.
- Significant travel required including occasional overnight stays.
- Excellent driving record (vehicle provided)
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of five years' experience actively working in electronic technology or telecommunications.