Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
The candidate for this position should possess the ability to analyze customer-defined specifications to determine, recommend and implement efficient programming solutions. This position requires an independently productive team member who can contribute in all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Communicate and interact with end-users and project owners to gather requirements and design programmatic solutions for specific internal and external business initiatives.
- Analyze, code, test, debug and deploy complex programming solutions using the Microsoft .NET framework from design specifications.
- Publish, deploy, install and train users on custom built applications and practice standard versioning control.
- Define, author, maintain and present low-level design documents including application specifications and flow diagrams.
- Develop Mobile Applications, WCF Data Services, RESTful services and Windows services/API integration.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field; or 1 to 3 years' of on the job experience in computer programming.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft .NET Development Framework (C#, VB.NET, MVC).
- Proven experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience with relational data base structures and data system.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- 3+ years' experience working with Microsoft .NET Framework (C#, VB.NET, MVC), Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient understanding of WCF Data Services, RESTful services, OAuth, XML, JSON, IIS and Windows services/API integration.
- Proficient in Structured Query Languages, Stored Procedures, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic knowledge of mobile development using Xamarin. IOS, Android, Swift or XCode a plus.