REQ#: RQ72568Travel Required: Less than 10% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
Join General Dynamics IT
and be a part of the team that solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges.
The Naval Enterprise Service Desk (NESD)
program is looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer
to support the implementation of a cognitive AI platform integrated with a COTS ITSM solution.
This position is supportable remotely.
is consolidating Tier 1 IT service desks and moving from a human-centric SME business model to a knowledge-based solution.
One of the main goals of NESD is to consolidate IT Tier 1 service desk operations while gaining efficiencies of consolidation. As the client's solution provider, GDIT is deploying leading edge technology to support the Navy's business model.
GDIT is recruiting AI engineers to help develop cognitive use case solutions in our AI tool, IPSoft Amelia. As the AI engineer, you will work collaboratively with an agile team of developers to implement and integrate the capabilities of the cognitive agent. Although experience using AI platforms is desired, GDIT recognizes the technology is relatively new. If you have programming experience and a genuine interest in learning this technology, we'd like to speak with you. This is a technical position, but client-facing, interpersonal skills are required.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with and assist business analysts in converting functional requirements to technical scripts
- Interface with an agile team consisting of BMC Remedy/Helix and Cisco UCCE developers to design integrated solutions
- Maintain all work effort within Jira and Confluence, updating daily as appropriate
- Participate in typical agile scrum meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint close-out, and backlog grooming sessions
- Document solution designs and discuss specific requirements with customer stakeholders to ensure solution meets expectations
- Perform unit testing prior to completing subtasks, stories and user stories
- Debug all issues and unexpected errors
- Work with testers to document comprehensive test cases that demonstrate all potential scenarios to ensure graceful handling of all responses
- Bachelor's degree in Technical field, ideally Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Practical AI/cognitive and machine learning domain knowledge
- Understanding of Atlassian JIRA (task tracking) and Confluence (documentation), Bitbucket (Git version control), or equivalent toolset
- ; you must be able to obtain a DoD Interim Secret clearance before starting
- Experience developing cognitive AI or machine learning solutions
- Experience with testing tools such as Bamboo (automated test, build, deploy)
- Current Secret clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. - provided by Dice