Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Network Engineer (Telecommunications) to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,200 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS is one of several DoD criminal investigative and intelligence organizations headquartered together at the Russell-Knox Building (RKB) aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA. Known collectively as Military Department Investigation Agencies (MDIA), the individual organizations include NCIS, Defense Security Service (DSS), Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID), and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
The installation and documentation of new and/or updated Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements maintained by the ITCSU within the Russell Knox Building (RKB). Must follow DOD and commercial best practice procedures and standards required for installation of cable, racks, wiring of the racks, and testing.
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure
- Responsible for tasks assigned by requesting agency in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 5e cabling and fiber optic cabling infrastructure
- Installs, maintains, and repairs voice and data communications systems
- Tests, locates, installs, and repairs cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Verifies service by testing installed cabling, identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Well versed in the use of network cabling test equipment.
- Maintain and manage IT related assets and conduct quarterly inventory with government receipt holder.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Identify, track, and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Run, terminate, and test cables and components including CAT5e and fiber optic cabling
- Initiate and resolves service requests/problem incidents
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with supervisors
- Computer literate with basic networking skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Willing to work occasional weekends or after hours.
- Willing to work late or early 9:30 to 18:00 / 06:00 to 14:30
- 0-3 years of related telecommunication experience
- BS degree in related field, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Dod8570 - IAT Level II (ex. Security + w/CE)
- Top Secret (TS) clearance required to start; be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
- Must be familiar with Building Industry Consulting Service International BICSI rules, regulations, and standards
- Experience with routers and switches
- Familiarity with Service Now
- CASP preferred
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.