Shop Smart is changing the way consumers shop. Every day we help millions of people to make better purchasing decisions.
Our technology team is data-driven and focused on innovation. We believe that technologists should be leading the way forward.
We are looking for a passionate mobile developer to join our team and to build highly engaging, personalized experiences for our mobile users.
- Participate in the planning, analysis, and design of iOS and Android applications
- Build high-performance, scalable mobile applications and APIs
- Create clean, maintainable, and tested code
- Thrive in a team environment where feedback is embraced
- Strong experience with iOS or Android native application development (experience with both is a plus)
- Experience distributing and supporting apps through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (2 years or greater)
- Experience building out push notification systems for mobile users
- Experience integrating mobile analytics platforms
- Strong command of object-oriented programming patterns
- Experience working within an agile team
- Experience applying test-driven development and other development best practices
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the entire application development process, including testing, build, deploy, and maintenance
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years of mobile development experience, prior start-up experience is a plus
Shop Smart, one of Forbes' 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad's Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago's River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.