Job ID 27
Posted Date 2018-10-04
More information about this job:
DMI, the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram .
About the Opportunity
Digital Management, Inc. (DMI) is looking for a full time Mobile React Native Solution Architect to join our Mobile Delivery team. As a Consultant at DMI you should thrive in a fast-paced high energy environment that will give you the opportunity to impact our client's and our company's success.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned, talented and motivated Mobile React Native Solution Architect, to work in an experienced IT delivery team and lead the creation, delivery and maintenance of Mobile React Native & Java based enterprise-grade digital solutions. The Solution Architect participates in the full software development lifecycle, including active leadership in the architecture, design, coding/unit-testing and implementation.
Successful candidates will efficiently promote and leverage suitable & modern technologies, design patterns and best practices to build quality, high-performing and scalable systems. The Solution Architect must possess solid technical skills, must master the full SDLC & Agile methodologies and must have abilities to coach and mentor other team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architecture, Design, coding, implementation, optimization and integration of mobile application components
- Unit testing, Continuous Integration, Automated Continuous Quality Control of developed component
- Translation of requirements into software designs and efficient, well-written software code
- Ensure software deliverables are aligned with the defined architecture, established standards and quality practices
- Work collaboratively with agile scrum and dev team members and with client technical stakeholders
- Lead architecture, design & code reviews
- Articulate business and technical solutions to audiences of different levels of the internal and external organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with management, delivery team, and customer
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentorship to other team members
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience in a technical or business discipline.
- 6 - 10 years of relevant Solution Design and Architectural Experience
- Experience & Expertise in Android Mobile Development and Platforms using React Native
- Advanced Design and Hands-on Coding Experience in developing Mobile Application using React Native and back end development Java based technologies
- Experienced with Test Driven Development & Tests Automation
- Expertise in DevOps Practices & Tools like Subversion, Jenkins, etc.
- Proficiency with OOD design and programming principles, MV* Patterns and Gang of Four (GoF) Design Patterns
- Ability to create architectures & designs for Mobile Solutions considering systemic non-functional qualities (scalability, availability, reliability, security, performance)
- Ability to guide & mentor technical/project development team
- Ability to estimate level of effort, time, and external dependencies for completion of various programming tasks / deliverables
- Experienced and Proficient in
- Android Studio IDEs
- Publishing App to stores
- MDM and MAM Applications like Mobile Iron
- Memory management, multithreading and caching in Mobile Apps
- Agile Methodology proficiency
- Good to have experience in micro services & cloud architectures and Platforms
- Technical emphasis in the following areas:
- Android Mobile Development & Platforms
- Building Hybrid Mobile Solutions
- Proficiency with React Native & Redux
- Modern Java & Web Technologies
- Unit Testing Libraries & Practices
- DevOps, Continuous Integration/Build/Quality Tools
- Spring Core, MVC, Boot, Security
- SQL, Persistence ORM Frameworks / Hibernate
- Databases (SQL, NoSQL, SQL Server and Oracle)
- Middleware Integration services like REST APIs
Responsive Web, CSS3, HTML5, Sass, Less
- Java technologies like Spring, Spring Boot, Beans, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC, etc.
- Web and Mobile Security
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must be eligible to work in the US
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.