Located in Oakland's Jack London Square, A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA. We anticipate needs and shape innovations to help people make sense of our rapidly changing world.
As theMobile Prototyper ,
you will be a core part of an agile and passionate team charged with developing, incubating, and launching a portfolio of businesses that:
Who You Are
- Embrace key megatrends, disruptive technologies, and business models;
- Are collectively capable of generating ~$400+ million in revenue during the next 10 years; and
- Leverage the privileged assets, resources, and distinctive capabilities of a physically and operationally separate parent organization and market leader.
You are a front-end, mobile app developer with experience crafting and delivering wildly successful mobile applications. You have both UX testing and mobile app development skills. You thrive in early stage product development - rapidly building, iterating, and perfecting prototypes and laying the groundwork for full fledged products. We're looking for people with a broad base of skills, a track record of success, and a penchant for creating products that people love.What You Will Do
You will collaborate with Product Managers, researchers, and others to prototype new product concepts, gather feedback, and iteratively develop, test, and perfect mobile products for both pilots and market launches.
What You Have Done
- Ideate:Collaborate with a cross-functional team to come up with human centered, innovative mobile designs for apps for connected cars, connected homes, and wearables.
- Design:Understand the current and future needs of AAA Members; create and execute experiments and rapid prototypes to understand our members pain points and how to solve them.
- Deliver:Work with distributed engineering teams to deliver new mobile products and features to market.
Why Join Us?
- You use collaborative prototyping tools like proto.io or InVision with ease.
- You have strong empathy and commitment to human-centered design.
- Prior hands-on experience with agile development.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a mobile app development role, with experience bringing consumer mobile apps to market.
- Strong knowledge of the latest standards and techniques of HTML and CSS
- 4+ years of experience of building native mobile applications in iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of legacy and upcoming features of the iOS SDK
- General knowledge of software/UI patterns of consumption of synchronous and asynchronous web services.
- Energetic, passionate and eager to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Be an independent operator.
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in computer science or a related discipline.
- Be prepared to share examples of your previous work.
- Impact.Reinvent AAA and the value propositions we will deliver to over 5.7 million Members (56 million in North America) whose lives we help improve. Leverage the best of established corporate resources combined with start-up speed and agility to create real and meaningful impact.
- Recognition.We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, both annual and long-term lucrative performance bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) Company match with additional discretionary contribution potential.
- Lifestyle.We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you're as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That's what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada&Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah
Associated topics: business development director, business development manager, communications, corporate, director global marketing, executive, manage execution, marketing leader, marketing manager, partnerships