Who We Are:
Intellihealth () is an enterprise SaaS medical tech company focused on diagnosing, treating, and managing obesity and obesity-related diseases. Our company was created by world renowned obesity medicine physicians who currently practice at one of the premier teaching and treatment hospitals in North America.
Our company provides clinical providers with a software platform to assess, diagnose, treat, and manage their patient's pharmacotherapy, nutrition, physical activity, and behavioral lifestyle needs through individualized prescription programs.
Our platforms are currently used by some of the country's most prestigious hospitals, medical services providers, and health insurance companies to assist with the treatment and management of their patients and employees who have obesity as a chronic disease.
We are looking for a Product designer to support the product team and participate in the research, design and validation of overall user experience, driving successful adoption and evolution of Intellhealth products. You will get into the mind of the users and bring user empathy into the product design and development process. You will help identify and document the user journey, the user flows expected in that experience and detailed interactions needed to increase user productivity and deepen engagement of our customers. The apps you've designed not only have excellent graphic design, but use movement and interactive graphics to ensure stickiness.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Favorite words are user experience, human centered design, design thinking, mobile apps
- Obsessed with designing simple digital experiences for complex business problems
- Great listener who fosters a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process partnering with product and engineering leads
- Makes design decisions based on industry standard usability patterns and can reference industry best practices
- Possesses high attention to detail and can reflect system thinking and services design in design solutions
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the vision and key objectives for their product area. Understands how they align with our company's vision to significantly contribute to improving health outcomes
- Begins each project with research, data and understanding of current state user experience and ends with proof of usability
- Strong portfolio of app designs containing of animations, motion, or other mobile centric solutions
Specific Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Research and keep up to date with design standards and innovative technologies used in visual design.
- Be able to articulate how unique visual design can be applied to healthcare problems to make the experience using healthcare tools "delightful."
- Work with product managers, engineers, and other designers to come up with original and innovative designs that delight our users, but also validate product assumptions.
- Be a user experience champion who can offer unique and engaging solutions while considering business and healthcare constraints.
- Use system thinking and service design expertise to ensure multiple personas and complex experiences are considered for our enterprise application.
- Be prepared to lead design discovery and influence teams to understand the big picture and who is impacted with the design choices made at each iteration. Share work early and often and seeks out constructive feedback from manager, stakeholders, teams and the Product Design team.
- Collaborate with the design team on the design system for consistent and best-in-class user interfaces, balancing existing visual and UX patterns with platform-specific patterns to ensure consistent, intuitive experiences.
- Demonstrates proficiency in and understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. Consistently considers the holistic user experience.
- Develop small experiments and use continuous user testing to validate design assumptions.Support marketing and engineering teams through prototyping, production assets, layout materials and other necessary go-to-market plans for the product.
Skills and Experience
- Portfolio showcasing a wide range of product design work
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years experience doing user experience work in a professional capacity
- Use of usability test system (such as Maze) to build unmoderated and moderated tests.
- Core UX skills: research, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping
- Proficiency in Figma (or Sketch) and prototyping software such InVision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Mobile app design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Responsive design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sketch or Figma: 5 years (Preferred)
- Preference will be given to those who've worked on digital products in the medical field and those who have some experience with gaming, animation or interactive design.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience level
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Remote work policy with occasional travel
- Lots of opportunities for growth
Intellihealth values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, religion, color, creed, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, and gender identity.