Mobile Mapping Technician
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert has been recognized for several years as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced mobile and terrestrial Lidar Technician in our Denver, CO office.
Woolpert's Geospatial Survey Discipline is seeking an individual looking for a career opportunity as a mobile and terrestrial Lidar technician with a primary focus toward Mobile Lidar mapping. Prospective candidates will have the chance to work for one of the top mapping companies in the U.S. while using the latest Geospatial/GIS hardware and software technologies.
The position requires a minimum 2-year degree in Engineering, GIS, Geography, or other related field experience. Previous knowledge of all phases of Lidar production is highly desired but not required. Desired skills include experience and working knowledge of terrestrial Lidar, 2D & 3D Lidar Feature Extraction, and 3D modeling from point clouds. Candidate must be highly motivated; schedule orientated and must work well within a team environment under minimal supervision.
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include the minimum:
* Performs technical aspects of specified deliverables and leads team of technical staff in creating deliverables and ensuring that QA/QC procedures are employed consistent with scope, schedule and budget.
* Communicates issues affecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalates unresolved issues to Team Leader.
* Works in concert with mobile Lidar team in developing and implementing project QA/QC standards.
* Executes R&D efforts and develop new workflows.
* Responsible for communicating project status updates as needed.
* Assists project management staff in development of project proposals, as necessary.
* Assists project management staff during negotiations with definition of project schedule, fee, and scope, as necessary.
* Assists in firm marketing initiatives (including attending conferences, trade shows, etc).
* Makes formal presentations and/or publishes articles for professional/trade/civic organizations.
* High School diploma or G.E.D. and five (5) plus years of professional Geospatial related experience
* Must have practical knowledge of survey and Lidar principles as well as DOT specifications
* Working knowledge of software associated with Lidar and survey data processing.
* Experience with the following software packages: Leica Pegasus Manager / Leica MMS Software (Cyclone), Terra Solid, BIM - Revit, TopoDOT, Microstation, AutoCAD, Trimble Business Center
* Proven ability to effectively present information before groups of clients or employees.
* Experience with reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* Must be able to write clear and concise reports and correspondence.
* Ability to work autonomously by independently bringing projects to completion.
* Must display a focus on innovation and process improvement.
* Must have excel