Mobile Fullstack / Backend Developer
Arrow Electronics is looking for a Node.js Developer to develop and maintain software responsible for the interchange of data between database servers and mobile / desktop clients. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of all server-side logic, including definition and maintenance of the central database. Additionally, you will ensure high performing responses to requests from the front-end applications. You would also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, requiring a basic understanding of front-end technologies in addition to back-end development.
Arrow Electronics is a collaborative environment, which is diverse and open-minded. The successful candidate will demonstrate best practice back-end development, including usability, calls to action and delighting the user while maintaining security, cross-platform/browser compliance, accessibility, scalability and performance standards.
* Work with a team to design and develop mobile warehouse solutions.
* Maintain code quality and automation.
* The design, coding and implementation of highly performant APIs to power data visualizations.
* Development and maintenance of Arrrow's Node.js services.
* Responsible to attend and contribute to Agile project management meetings.
* Developing, coding, testing and debugging new software as well as making significant improvements to existing software.
* Assistance in resolving problems with software functionality and suggesting improvements.
* Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
* Writing reusable, testable, efficient code and maintainable code using SOLID development principals.
* Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Implementation of security and data protection.
* Integration of data storage solutions.
* An understanding of the npm package manager, and experience with publishing modules.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
* Working experience connecting Node.js to both relational database (Oracle) as well as MongoDB.
* Experience writing code in Java.
* Basic understanding of front-end technologies, appcelerator, android studio, web, etc.
* You have Broad UNIX knowledge and skills and are proficient working in bash.
* Willingness to take charge of overall design, development and team coordination on the business system/application.
* Experience with version control systems, preferably bitbucket.
* Familiarity with database architecture, scalability and performance and have experience of continuous integration and FlexDeploy.
* Proficiency in web application security and incorporating security into the software
* Proven real world experience with mobile web development.
* End to end development capabilities including scope, analysis, design, test, debug and implement complex applications.
* Cutting-edge application prototyping and development.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software.
* Good communication skills.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 2-4 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
What's In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* 401k, With Matching Contributions
* Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays / Sick time
* Parental Leave (Maternity / Paternity options)
* Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
* Growth Opportunities
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
* On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
* 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
* Bike Racks
* And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)