Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Avail is a new peer-to-peer car sharing services. There are currently 3 lines of business. Avail at Airport is a car sharing service that connects local travelers who own cars with travelers who need to borrow a car. Avail Communities is a business that provides car sharing within their Apartment community. The third line of business is being designed but would be equally disruptive. You will provide leadership, technical direction and be a hands on member of the mobile development team. Responsibilities include daily management and participation in product and technical design, application architecture, project and delivery planning, writing code, performing code reviews and more. The Mobile Development Manager will contribute to Avail's mobile strategy, develop the roadmap, and lead the execution across various delivery teams. This position will also have a strong focus on programming skills and Agile development with the ability to influence innovation within Application Development.
- Lead the development team through the application development life cycle while adhering to standard project management methodologies. Focus must be placed on quality of deliverables, adherence to scope, and strong management to ensure that projects are delivered on time
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, design and implement new systems
- Hands on development and ability to work across multiple mobile application platforms
- Develop and maintain a high-performing/highly motivated team, by establishing challenging career opportunities, and implementing development programs
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other teams
- Manage App Development store with the ability of publishing apps to the respective stores and build Internal apps Strong demonstrated ability to work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
- Work with cutting edge technologies like image recognition, advanced geo-location, and other hardware systems.
- 4 or more years of related iOS software experience
- Swift experience preferred
- 2 or more years of experience leading development teams (technical leadership, work direction, coaching and mentoring)
- Integrate with existing infrastructure to develop/maintain a continuous build and test cycle.
- Experience in troubleshooting product bugs, conducting root cause analysis, working closely with software developers, bug reporting
- Experience with Jenkins/MacStadium or other CI/CD software
- Experience with Github or other source control tools and good understanding of Version control, merging, branching
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum process
- Implements and manages the product deployment initiatives and the release processes through development, QA, UAT, and production environments
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a busy and changing work environment
- Strong leadership, team development and business skills.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here . This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here . This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.