PLEASE NOTE: Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship. Kelly Services is hiring a Mobile Developer (Android) to join their team for a top multinational technology company in Culver City, CA/Remote. Please note, this opportunity will begin remotely, but one must be local/willing to relocate if needed!
Below are the details and required skills. For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to: as well as apply online. Mobile Developer (Android) 6 Months (contract - W2) Pay Rate: TBD
TEAM SUMMARY: We are a team that builds everything from desktop apps to factory applications, internal applications for other teams, marketing sites and modern consumer facing applications. Not only do we build applications from scratch but some of our energy is to contribute to applications owned by other teams. JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for someone who gets excited about building applications that are intuitive, easy to use, and present complicated data in simple, easy to understand ways. This role will primarily be working alone for mobile development but will work closely with other software engineers. It is common for us to be actively engaged with others who are project managers, UI/UX/HI, and product marketing individuals. We take initiatives to help define and organize the work by collaborating closely with our users to learn their world and help them automate their processes. Our team aims for flexibility, while iterating and evolving with the business yet making sure that our applications are robust and sustainable. It is not uncommon for each of us to work outside of our primary skill set or comfort zone. This role we are looking to fill is no different, as we are looking for Android developer who is able to check out the source code for an iOS application, or maybe create a basic app from scratch, to create a release with minor changes. The position is based in Culver City. Being onsite is required when the offices are opened up. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build brand new application from scratch; no legacy codebase.
- Contribute to existing application; working with several others as needed.
- Write clean, robust, modularized code to build product and engineering features.
- Create and maintain testing infrastructure for unit and automated UI tests.
- Improve product quality through code reviews and adopting best practices.
- Be a thoughtful leader by researching and evangelizing emerging mobile technologies and sharing that knowledge with colleagues.
- Contribute to release process - creating builds, working with QA, fixing bugs, and monitoring the release.
- Build prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas.
- 4+ years' experience of professional native Android application development.
- 1+ years' experience of professional native iOS application development.
- Ability to get things done working outside of your comfort zone.
- Expertise in Java for Android Development and the Android SDK.
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture and tools in the mobile space.
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to develop technical documents.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to translate technology-related jargon to diverse groups of technical and non-technical users.
- Self-motivation with ability to perform quality work within deadlines and budget with or without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skill.
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or experience equivalent.
- Experience instrumenting and optimizing performance.
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Experience developing mobile applications that serve millions of users.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements.
Apply today! Refer a friend!
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies.
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career.
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center, including accredited courses to obtain IT certifications, as well as PDU-approved courses.
- Weekly pay.
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire.*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor. (108.51/80.38) Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined. About Kelly ®
, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.