Experienced developer, with preferred iOS or Android experience, needed to join a team working on design, development, enhancement, and maintenance on a diverse set of projects. Candidate must have prior development experience, strong communication skills and willingness to learn. They must demonstrate the ability to work on an agile team and communicate effectively with others.
The developer will be a member of the Enterprise Web and Mobile team designing, developing and supporting highly visible / highly valued mobile solutions for a leader in higher education, research, and medicine.
* Design, develop and deploy mobile / tablet based applications and related interfaces / infrastructure
* Develop mobile engineering standards, practices, and reusable components
* Employ agile principles to research, design and develop software solutions for business needs
* Troubleshoot and optimize applications for performance
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to facilitate training and awareness of mobile platform capabilities
* Participate in educational and higher education initiatives
* Document all work efforts in relation to customer requests, change requests, maintenance activities, and others as identified
* Practical knowledge of modern application technologies, including Web Services, REST, JSON and XML
* Experience developing applications, web or mobile, that support multiple languages and comply with accessibility standards
* Ability to strongly contribute to technical mobile design and feasibility planning
* Experience working with designers/users to create a user interface
* Passion for researching new or emerging trends and technologies in the mobile platform space
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Experience with using cross platform mobile development tools like React Native and Flutter
* Currently have apps deployed in the iOS Apple App Store and Android Google Play store
* Mobile & tablet design and development experience covering the iOS and Android ecosystem
* Familiarity with Responsive Web Design Frameworks
* Experience designing social applications
* Understanding of Agile methodologies
* Experience with web and mobile accessibility standards
* Experience with Apple Watch, iOS HealthKit and ResearchKit
* Familiarity with the Swift and/or Kotlin languages
Education & experience
BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and 2-3 years of professional development experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh