Mobile DevOps Software Engineer LOCATION:
San Antonio, TX (onsite work required due to hardware security requirements)DURATION:
1+ year contract (with potential for contract extension and permanent conversion based on performance)NOTE:
There are multiple opening for this position and they are looking for candidates that have experience in Android and/or iOS.
Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing firm, is looking to hire a Mobile DevOps Software Engineer for one of our top financial clients in San Antonio, TX! This assignment is anticipated to be a 1+ year contract with potential to convert permanent; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment. This role will sit onsite in San Antonio, TX Mobile DevOps Software Engineer Overview RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial and custom software packages on macOS servers.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Works with developer customers to resolve reported issues.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates. Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
- Willingness and Ability to work from San Antonio USAA Home Office due to hardware security requirements
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- AND, 4+ years experience in software development experience
- Experience developing in macOS environment
- 2+ years of experience working in CI/CD environments (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Bamboo, etc.)
- 4+ years of source control experience (Git - Preferred)
- 2+ years of shell scripting experience
- Prior mobile development experience (Android / iOS)
- Prior experience building tools (Gradle, Maven, Ant)
- Prior experience with mobile testing frameworks (unit/functional, XCTest, XCUITest, Instrumentation Tests, Espresso)
- Prior experience with REST APIs
- Prior server administration experience to include server provisioning tools (eg. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) experience (Firebase - preferred)
- Google Cloud Platform (====P) experience is a plus
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance; direct deposit, weekly pay, and our referral program*
If interested, please contact Timothy Myers at Please include your most up-to-date resume.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice