Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe is seeking an enthusiastic Mobile Software Engineer with a desire to work on cutting-edge software for Mobile devices - iOS, Android, or both! This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly motivated team that is embracing the latest development tools in order to expand our current mobile applications to meet the needs of next generation social media video storytellers.
A successful candidate will have some experience (3+ years) developing iOS or Android Mobile apps, but more importantly, will have a desire to continue learning and to embrace the latest development best-practices.
Come help us build a next-generation mobile app that will enable our social media customers to explore their creativity through video!
What you'll do:
* Build high-quality, robust features for our either Android or iOS app!
* Write performant, testable code whether implementing improvements, user-facing features, or fixing bugs.
* Make use of your excellent interpersonal skills to effectively articulate sophisticated ideas and influence others.
* Collaborate with an agile, distributed team of developers and quality engineers on the design and specification of features, specifically on Android (leading and following depending on the circumstance).
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Motivated to learn industry best practices and utilize the latest development tools.
* 3+ years of product/application development, on Mobile devices (iOS or Android).
* Passion for learning, sharing of new ideas and creative thinking to provide innovative solutions to challenges.
* Experience building video and/or multimedia apps.
* Experience creating clean, reusable, testable code.
* Familiarity with GIT.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Android)
* Android media APIs like MediaCodec, MediaSync, AudioTrack as well as experience processing and optimizing media playback.
* Experience working with OpenGL in Android, including View & Render Thread lifecycle management.
* Understanding of OpenGL concepts like Geometry, Materials, Shaders and Rendering optimizations.
* Proficient in JAVA and/or Kotlin, data structures and algorithms. Experience developing native applications for the Android OS with an understanding of unit test frameworks and the Android design process.
* Experience developing with Jetpack Compose (pre-production experience acceptable).
* Android Studio application experience.
Preferred Qualifications (iOS)
* Proficient with Objective-C and/or Swift and the iOS SDK.
* Experience developing iOS applications for App store.
* Experience creating custom native user interfaces using SwiftUI.
* Experience with Xcode, including writing unit tests and UI tests.
* Experience with AVFoundation.
* Experience with multi-threading programming and mobile memory management.