Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
When you work with us, you get the best of two worlds. Cardinal is a small company, with a welcoming, family-like atmosphere. But as a Visa solution, we offer the world-class resources and benefits of a global company. As companies with a worldwide customer base, both Cardinal and Visa realize the benefits of having a diverse employee base, both for our products and customer service. We believe in promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our employees come with different backgrounds and experiences, resulting in many different approaches that are part of our success. We are committed to empowering each and every one of our over 250 (and growing) employees. We show respect to others and believe in fair and equal treatment. We are dedicated to continuous improvement in all that we do. We use Lean and Agile principles and rituals as the framework for achieving that improvement. To achieve these goals, we need accomplished and ambitious people - people that recognize the value that comes with the varying perspectives, and the cultural awareness that comes with our diversity. What we are looking for could be someone just like you.
The purpose of the Mobile Developer is to deliver scalable, secure applications while following the software development lifecycle that is established by the company. The Mobile Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and support of mobile device software applications for customers across a variety of technology platform. We're looking for engineers with empathy for users and a deep understanding of the iOS platform to help define the future of Cardinal mobile development.
What You'll Do:
* Design, build, and maintain our iOS SDKs and applications in Objective C and Swift.
* Complete tasks related to the complete software development lifecycle including technical requirements, documentation, development, and testing.
* Focus on how the project will react against the actual production environment, and less on "passing QA."
* Be accountable for code introduced to the production environment.
* Be a leader on the development team and be present as a coach to all team members on general system design and technical specifications.
* Assist the rest of the team members in removing obstacles in order to move initiatives forward.
* Assist in training less experienced software development staff.
* Lead design sessions and projects to help drive them to completion.
* Resolve customer complaints with software, and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
* Code, debug, test, deploy, support, and document moderately complex application mobile device software.
* Ensure secure coding, contingency, and deployment methodologies are in place upon moderately complex software implementation.
* Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures for a range of straightforward problems.
* Contribute to software design through the use of established patterns and practices.
* Operate in an agile environment, working with Product and QA team members to deliver software focused on quality.
* Ensure effective integration of software across products, platforms, and environments.
* Work with internal teams to coordinate the release of code to the production environment.
What We Need You to Have:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
* 3+ years of related software development experience in mobile technologies:
* Experience developing native iOS applications or SDKs in Objective C
* Ability to take ownership over critical parts of the application.
* Experience with Native Mobile frameworks.
* Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills that promote and foster a team culture.
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
* Prior experience releasing and supporting mobile applications into Apple App Store and/or Google Play store.
* Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
* Experience with test-driven development.
What We'd Like You to Have:
* Experience integrating third-party frameworks (SDKs).
* Comfortable outside iOS and have some experience with full-stack development.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Experience with REST architecture for web services.
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.