As Vanguard (CXD) mobile architect, you will be the driving force behind Vanguard's new mobile apps and multi-device strategy. This is a hands on keys position and requires an individual who can both design and implement technical solutions. You'll be part of a team of passionate mobile engineers whose mission it is to create a world-class experience for Vanguard clients . Your role will also be to make development fun for mobile developers at Vanguard . They will be looking to you for technical leadership and strategic direction. Qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- B.S, M.S or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent preferred or relevant experience
- 10+ years of software experience in a global hi-tech organization
- 7+ years as a Mobile developer
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Partner with l====developers and enterprise and security architects to implement high-performance mobile applications
- Research and summarize adjacent mobile technology trends to provide guidance
- Mentor the team on the "how" of better use of existing platform components and performance best practices. Contribute to evolve the team's DevOps practices.
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Leads system analysis, design, development, and implementation for our existing mobile native applications.
- Translates stories into design & code. Develops well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by automated tests
- Research and employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure quality and improve velocity of the team
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Leads in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues.
- Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Contributes to develop and maintain an inclusive and highly-collaborative environment for the team
- Strong experience with native mobile application development, ideally on iOS and Android with SWIFT and Kotlin. Strong knowledge of App architecture patterns.
- Strong notions of security best practices and demonstrated experience of applying sound mobile security practices
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and demonstrate a hands-on understanding
- Strong understanding of design patterns, integration patterns/practice, Data modeling principles and best practices
- A good track record of project delivery for large cross-team projects. Demonstrated experience delivering and evolving the architecture and DevOps practices for a team developing native mobile applications in an Agile & Lean development environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with engineers, managers, PMs, customers.
- Experience with Cloud Development Platforms, Mobile/Web development frameworks, and microservice architecture
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Splunk and AppDynamics. CloudWatch knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation is a plus.
- Experience designing APIs and creating Java RESTful microservices.
- Experience with various backend database platforms & object-oriented programming language. Strong Java experience preferred.
- Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams. Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Experience implementing and enhancing the CI/CD pipeline for mobile applications. Experience with Bamboo preferred. Experience in MacOS server administration.
- Experience with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Android Studio, Gradle Experience with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience developing Watch , TV or Voice Assistant applications is a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. - provided by Dice