Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mobile Applications Developer
to join our Global Products team in Lake Zurich, IL Corporate location. This individual will support the team as a subject matter expert and developer of mobile applications. The individual will be responsible for full application lifecycle from definition through maintenance and obsolescence. This includes scoping, project documentation, development, design reviews, product testing, release management, maintenance, cloud services, and communication with various user communities. The candidate should possess hands on experience in development of mobile applications for both iOS and Android. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new mobile applications for the global market on iOS and Android platforms.
- Responsible for comprehensive release candidates as an individual contributor.
- Establish thorough scope requirements that capture all market requirements.
- Provide software documentation for architecture and system operation.
- Liaise between the engineering team and work with various decision makers, business partners, and customers for developing the most effective mobile applications for achieving business value and product differentiation.
- Coordinate with industrial design and marketing to optimize the user interface, graphical elements, and overall user experience.
- Publish applications to mobile distribution services in all target markets.
- Provide automated test routines for deployment in manufacturing environments.
- Responsible for achieving objectives and deliverables within the project plan.
- Develop work products, including training materials, reference guides, and instructions.
- Diagnose incident root cause and take corrective action to resolve in addition to preventative measures in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications.
- The candidate should have a strong technical acumen and understanding in a software development area and proven track record in developing and publishing mobile solutions for global organizations.
- The candidate should possess hands on experience in development of mobile applications, cloud connectivity, and distributed information systems.
- Experience working with Cordova, Xamarin, and NodeJS tools.
- Experience with hands-on development for Azure and AWS platforms.
- Minimum of two applications previously published for commercial products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with executive-level communication.
- Hands-on delivery of best practices spanning all phases of a project's lifecycle.
- 10% travel required internationally and/or domestically.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star notebook, a Swingline stapler, a Quartet dry erase board, or a Kensington computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands. Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.