WA Consultants are looking for test engineers for a speech/voice assitant project for a major multinational client.
Previous experience with testing consumer electronics and mobile application is highly desirable but not essential.
Previous experience in field testing, manual testing and/or Mobile application testing is highly desirable.
Please read below for a full description.
You do not need any experience as training will be given but obviously an interest in technology and a general understanging of mmobile phones and applications is an advantage.
Digital Assistant, Voice Recognition and Mobile application testing.
Post-graduate, 1 to 5+ years experience
Digital Assistant and Voice recognition are dramatically changing the way we are and will be interacting with technologies. They are already present within our mobile phone and smart speakers.
In a not too distant future, Digital Assistants will also be integrated within our self-driving cars, home appliance and interface with our everyday life, automating simple tasks using Machine Learning technologies.
For a large Consumer Electronic R&D Project, WA Consultants are looking for manual testers to join our team in Paris. The role is to manually test a new AI powered Digital Assistant mobile application. The purpose of this role is to execute test commands onto a mobile application and check if the Digital Assistant performs the correct actions in response.
This may include:
- Inputting voice and manual command into the mobile application
- Manipulate the application to test the Digital Assistant integration with third-party
- Test cognitive skills (recognition of object and real environment using the phone camera)
- Test interoperability with Mobile Operator and SIM.
- Test and provide usability feedbacks on the Mobile application UI, etc
As a large part of the testing is driven by voice commands, an excellent level of spoken French is essential for this role.
We are testing the Digital Assistant abilities to accurately capture and understand French voice commands.
You will directly contribute to the testing of an innovative technology currently under development.
All may not work perfectly first time!
A good experience and advanced use of mobile device is necessary.
This may include:
- Strong experience using Android mobile device, perform advanced user actions, screenshot, settings, etc.
- An understanding of the latest features on Android mobile platforms (different OS versions, Nougat vs Oreo, etc).
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitation of Android vs other mobile platforms (Apple iOS) from an advanced user perspective.
- Ideally, have a "geeky" interest towards mobile technologies.
An excellent attention to details and organisation skills is highly desirable. Defects (failed test) need to be captured and documented in great details so that the development team can reproduce the problem and issue a software fix to be re-tested on the next wave of regression tests.
A good experience using a PC and Microsoft Office Suite is strongly advisable. Test instructions and test reports are done using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Personal organisational skills, time management and ability to perform tests following a schedule agreed with the Test Team Leader.
Good team player with abilities to work autonomously.
Good communication and positive attitude.
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.