Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Responsible for overseeing Application systems, architecture, design, data workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces. Assure synergy between software and hardware architecture to maximize that relationship. Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems, and develop recommendations on how to proceed with the applications. Responsible for ensuring optimal application and system performance.
What Part Will You Play?
* Collaborates with clients, senior management, and other functional areas to plan, design, and implement information systems and updates within established guidelines and objectives, with issues and factors largely undefined. Studies client needs, analyzes existing system, identifies gaps/risks, proposes an architecture model, and recommends short/long term actions based on best practices. Implements a hardware and software infrastructure that renders reliable, scalable, and operable products and platforms.
* As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), researches and evaluates new technological advances in the external technology marketplace to assess current practices for compliance with information systems requirements. Anticipates and develops solutions to address current and future information system needs. Creates process improvements and controls. Serves as the SME in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor selection process for the purchase of software systems. Assesses impacts on the budget and technical requirements associated with implementing new system technologies or upgrading existing system technologies.
* Provides strategic guidance to senior/lead developers, management and other functional areas to ensure new development is consistent with existing applications, assess information system needs and requirements, and recommend possible alternatives to meet information system needs. Facilitates capacity planning. Remains apprised of project status and communicates issues and resolutions on potential problems.
* Oversees and provides expert advice in the evaluation of software programming and modification ensuring adherence to required procedures, methodologies and/or application standards, including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and security related compliance. Monitors the maintenance of information systems to maintain optimum system capacity levels. Coordinates and monitors the troubleshooting of information systems. Establishes a communication plan to alert users of problems and resolutions.
* Solicits feedback from internal customers and IT teams to understand how well information systems are serving customers and recommends improvements.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
* Bachelor's Degree
* Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
* Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
* Four-year college degree and 8 or more years, and/or a high school diploma with 10 or more years professional experience in full life cycle design and development to include IT architecture, banking industry experience, and understanding client requirements
* Master's Degree
* Computer Science or Information Systems
* Certification in IT Architecture
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
* Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
* Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
* Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
* IBM M/F Sys & Hardware Platform - IBM M/F Sys: COBOL, JCL, CICS, SQL, z/OS, DB2, IMS, Assembler, VSAM, XML, TSO/ISPF, MQ. Hardware Platform: HP Non-Stop Utilities, Scobol, COBOL, SQL, Enscribe, TAL
* IT Tools - M/F: Easytrieve, RSXX, CA-7, Metavante Custom Statement Formatter, Dialogue, Network Data Mover (NDM), Rational Developer of System z (RDz), IBM Debug tool for z/OS, IBM Fault Analyzer, IBM File Manager, IBM Application Performance Analyzer, GT Software Ivory BMS/TS, Syncsort, SPUFI. Distributed: Java, Struts, JSP, J2EE, Eclipse IDE, Spring, Ibatis, Cucumber, JBehave, Selenium, Bootstrap, ANSI C, Crystal Report, SSRS, Enterprise Library, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Ruby, BB Script, C++, MQ Web Services, EIB Security Transactions, ANT, AXIS, Design Patterns
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.