Conduent Business Services is a leading global enterprise for business process management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Conduent provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on their core business.
Conduent Business Services, LLC's Parking and Justice Solutions team is seeking an Android App Developer for mobile application development and support of a Ticket Payment App, Parking Enforcement App and other smart phone apps for customers. The primary function of this role will be to support and enhance our Android based applications for Parking Tickets and Parking Ticket payments. Individual will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, documentation and support of mobile apps.
This is a great opportunity for an applications developer to work on mobile apps for government agencies that will be used across the USA, utilizing the latest technologies. This position reports directly to the Director of Systems Development, Parking and Safety Solutions.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to\:
- Be able to rapidly learn new mobile technologies with little to no hand holding.
- Design and develop mobile apps for Android.
- Create graphics and app icons for mobile apps.
- Be able to execute tasks and rely on your team to help when needed. This means that the team will help but the candidate should show the ability to learn and apply what they learn so they can act independently moving forward.
- Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for, but not limited to, procedural, program and user documentation.
- Estimate project timelines and resources required to complete programming projects.
- Works with users to ensure successful system implementation.
- Other duties as directed by management
- Bachelor's degree (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering or Management Information Systems major/s preferred)
- Practical knowledge and familiarity with Java, Android SDK Tools and Android Studio
- Must possess 2-6 years of experience developing Android apps
- Experience with developing mobile apps for Android.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design concepts and methodologies.
- The Android App Developer position requires knowledge of Android OS, REST and Web Services, MySQL, SQLite, JSON, Android Studio IDE and Java and Java Script.
- Must be familiar with native and hybrid app development
- Possess the ability to develop simple app icons and graphics
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation).
- Must be currently eligible to working in the United States for any employer
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
NOTE\: This position is not eligible for relocation or expenses related to relocation.
Keywords\: Android, mobile, App, Apps, develop, developer, Java, SQL, web, JSON, Studio IDE, icons, graphics, hybrid,
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Conduent Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.