Trimble is on the lookout for a Mobile Application Developer to help in leading our mobile app. initiatives in Dayton, Ohio.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning, control and automation products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GNSS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance. For more information on currently developed products, see
The Software Engineer works as a member of a delivery team that creates dynamic, cross-platform, system features that help heavy equipment owners, operators, and technicians do their jobs more efficiently, more effectively, and better than the competition. The Software Engineer is accountable for development of high quality software that hits the mark for what customers need, for working with their team to improve the development process, and doing it all within a large global development framework that is always evolving.
Success in this position involves :
* Development and evolution of both mature and newly developed native mobile app solutions in Android and iOS, using Swift, Java, and a shared C++ code module.
* Collaborating with the application domain experts and other software developers across multiple international sites to deliver identified customer value
* Demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed
You will need:
* Demonstrated expertise in the development of native Android and/or iOS applications, and a passion for growing that expertise and contributing to the growth of other team members
* Experience in front end mobile app design and architecture
* Experience developing software applications that interface with hardware, sensors or other devices.
* Experience with mobile-relevant unit test and automated test frameworks and methodologies
* Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, mechatronics or equivalent
This position requires a motivated team player with a passion for mobile application development who understands the importance of design and architecture in creating a meaningful experience for our users. Successful applicants will be committed to quality and will demonstrate a dedicated, yet flexible approach to work.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D