Mobile App Developer - Greater Manchester
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000 per annum
Our client are one of the leading Technology Channels and Influencers in the UK.
They review everything including Smartphone, Laptop, Cameras, Technology News & more.
They also work with Tech Companies and Brands to promote their products and educate their audience on exciting new devices and technologies they have launched.
- They are looking for someone with a burning passion for App Development and Technology in general.
- Someone who's ready to make a big impact in the App Development space.
- They are looking to expand their online presence, with their very own mobile app while also expanding the functionality of their website. Therefore, the person they are looking for needs to have a good knowledge of iOS & Android app development, with knowledge of porting their mobile app to macOS & Windows (potentially Linux as well).
- Your main duty would be developing our app from scratch. This is a fairly simplistic app, with the scope of expanding our creative work, across multiple platforms.
- The app development process shouldn't take long, as this would be a fairly simplistic app. However - the cloud sync and the cross-platform is what would take the most amount of effort and technical knowledge.
- The app itself will need to work on iOS, Android, macOS , Windows and potentially Linux as well.
- The app would have a cloud service that would automatically sync the data across all platforms. Knowledge of implementing this, with AWS's cloud services, will be crucial.
- Once the app development has been finalised , your efforts would move towards our website, where we would be doing a complete redesign with the creative team.
- We are currently using Squarespace (with some custom code for certain aspects). You are free to continue using Squarespace + custom code, or re-do it from scratch / use a different approach if you prefer.
- Once both aspects have been completed, your role would switch to maintaining both the app and our website, while adding new features, as instructed.
- As you would be the first and only developer in our team (at least for now), personal research and personal deadline and task management are crucial.
Basic Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Mobile App Development.
- Having published at least one iOS and Android application.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development cycle.
- Solid familiarity with Apple's App Store Review Guidelines and Google's Play Store Review Guidelines and Compliance requirements.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. VISA Sponsorship is not available. Please only apply if you meet this requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode , Swift (or Objective-C as an alternative, however Swift is still highly preferred) and Cocoa Touch.
- Extensive knowledge of Java.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with working with outside data sources and APIs, and knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Experience with Cloud engineering platforms such as AWS (you would be required to implement our Cloud functionality via AWS ).
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- A good understanding of basic UX design.
- A High Attention to Detail and Code Tidiness is a must.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Being able to manage time & deadlines on your own as well as allocating time for personal research.
- Located or be willing to relocate to Salford Quays, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Experience with Unity Engine is highly preferred.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred.
- Experience working in UX design is a plus.
- Performance related bonuses available.
- Pension Scheme included (via NEST).
- Health & Dental Insurance Cover, with BUPA .
- Any untaken holidays, will be paid at the end of the year.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003...... click apply for full job details