We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Application Engineer to join our Mobile Middleware Organization. We are amid re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. You'll be a part of Schwab's Client Experience Team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.) Sound like a team you'd like to be a part of? Let's connect!
What you are good at
* Analysis, design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and deployment of Middleware applications built on Microsoft .NET and .NET Core technologies.
* Ensure the delivery of data via REST APIs hosted on the Shared .NET Platform and Private Cloud
* Design, development, and implementation of RESTful web services.
* Deliver enhancements to applications built using ASP.NET Web API and ASP.NET Core based on RESTful architecture that cater to Mobile applications.
* Utilize tools such as Splunk to monitor the systems and ensure they are stable and reliable.
* Contribute to performance analysis, security improvements and overall improvement of user experience.
* Assist in leading the development Scrum team on technical execution.
* Participate in the quality analysis process to reduce the incidence of errors in the mobile applications. Mentor new team members.
* Work closely with our Business partners to identify and define business and technical requirements.
* Ensure timely delivery of technical, project and release deliverables
* Self-directed and able to work with a distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
* The candidate will also be expected to troubleshoot production issues as well as help identify opportunities for process improvement.
* The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technology and business.
* Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have
* Bachelors in engineering or relevant field is required.
* 3-4 years of experience in successfully designing and deploying enterprise level multi-threaded applications with C# and .NET. Strong focus in Object-Oriented application design & patterns.
* Experience in ASP.NET Web API, LINQ, Async/Await, WCF, XML, REST, JSON, .NET Core.
* Develop middleware applications with Microsoft .NET technology using C#
* Hands on/Knowledge with Bit bucket, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence tools
* Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
* Experience in SOA, SaaS, REST/Web Services architectures and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services
* Experience with .NET Open-Source Technologies (NuGet, Unity, Common Logging) is a plus
* Experience in Agile Scrum development methodology
* Ability to quickly master new technologies w/ creative problem-solving skills
* Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
* Preferable experience in Micro service design patterns, API Gateways and Pivotal Cloud Foundry