The Director, Information Technology Infrastructure is responsible for creating and leading the company's strategic and tactical technology plan (technical architecture, strategic information systems, products and services, vendor/customer integration) that will support the company's overall business strategy, vision and mission. Additionally, any technical activities associated with meeting client expectations, coordinating and communicating across disciplines and departments with a focus on integrating quality improvement and operations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all aspects of the IT architecture and associated technologies: Networking, Server Management, Storage Area Network Management, Citrix and Patch Management, for the University Hospital, Norris Cancer Institute, Keck School of Medicine and USC Care.
- Assess and understand the existing technology infrastructure and its capabilities.
- Perform gap analysis for future systems, identify and evaluate solutions and sourcing alternatives; develop high level designs and plans and prepare solution budget estimates and business cases.
- Lead the company's technology direction through the selection of key vendors and manage vendor relationships.
- Proactively strive to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of work flow throughout the organization through strong coordination and communication across disciplines and departments.
- Acts as a resource to the various enterprise committees in obtaining required data needed for strategic initiatives.
Partner with clients on the development, implementation and integration of technology projects.
- Guide the development, implementation and maintenance of the plans, policies and procedures required to support day-to-day operations. This will include system redundancy, disaster recovery, risk mitigation and business continuity.
- Effectively manage work force by providing appropriate levels of positive feedback, coaching and overall supervisory support.
- Complete performance reviews and other management documentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinate IT investment plan and IT budget(s) for the company's IT infrastructure and staff.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensure the compliance to enterprise security policy.
- Respond to 24-hour/7-day-a-week service needs ensuring follow-through resolution of issue.
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
• Bachelors Degree Required, Masters in Computer Science, Healthcare, or Business Preferred
• 5+ years of experience in an IT Director/Manager role with strong customer service background (Healthcare and/or Academic industry preferred).
• Experience being a Leader and managing staff.
• Experience building project teams and driving change within an organization. Some Project Management experience helpful.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance
. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at , or by email at . Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal NoticesCertain positions are subject to
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: