Mandarin speaking IT or AI professional for ESG Funds
£30,000 - £40,000
The holder of this job is part of the Engagement team for research, supporting corporate and public policy, executing voting, and providing screening and CCR services.
A large part of this role will involve responsibility for the company's engagement activities in Asia and global emerging markets (GEMs).
- Undertake appropriate research to plan engagement and specific company interactions. This will include financial, strategic and ESG risks and opportunities analyses.
- Support the delivery of positive outcomes in line with client engagement objectives by drafting agendas for and occasionally participating on interactions with specific companies, investors and other key opinion makers.
- Engagement activities will also entail drafting written correspondence with client portfolio companies and write-ups for recording in Salesforce for senior engagers.
- Support senior engagement professionals on public policy work including preparing consultation responses.
- Execute pro-active votes on proxy voting platform in line with clients' policies.
Screening and CCR Services
- Carry out relevant company research to support delivery of screening services, including Controversial Company Reports.
Reporting and client relationship management
- Record and report on all activities on the engagement management system.
Special Project Work
Provide support on an ad-hoc basis for special projects.
Adhere to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
***Who we are looking for
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Mandarin Chinese (read, write and listening) is required
• Computer science including AI, mathematics, sciences or engineering academic background is a very strong advantage
• Demonstrated interest in ESG issues and themes (e.g. board effectiveness, human capital management, climate change) is an advantage
• Minimum or 1-2 years of work experience in a related or relevant field is preferred.
• Postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline (ACCA, MBA, CFA or similar) an advantage
• Computer literate (MS Office)
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
Asset management company
Due to the large volume of application, we are sorry that we cannot respond to every application. We will contact limited number of applicants who may be introduced to the hiring company