LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
This position supervises operations with LifePoint's enterprise data centers. The position requires management of employees, contracts, vendors, and contractors associated with LifePoint's data center installations. The candidate will need to provide general oversight and management of the physical infrastructure located in Brentwood, TN, Plano, TX, Franklin, TN, and facility/hospital data centers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Create and maintain data center standards, policy, and procedures through LifePoint documentation.
- Maintain oversight of data center change management process, HVAC health and lifecycle, as well as manage enterprise data center vendor contracts.
- Monitor, triage, alert, and create the appropriate service requests/incidents through Service Now in the corporate data centers as well as enterprise facilities as assigned.
- Perform relevant technical tasks and supervise a team of engineers to support of all key hardware, cabling, and resources to deliver quality patient care to LifePoint's facilities.
- Assisting department leadership in the development and management of operational and capital budgets.
- Prioritizing support requests, ensure change management standard methods and procedures are followed, report on appropriate targets/metrics and perform other tasks as assigned. It is expected the candidate will
- Coordinate with technical and business teams to develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity is outlined.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all associated data center applications and their uses on systems for various critical systems, ensure client satisfaction, and provide optimal level of customer services for various departments.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Supervise the work of others, including planning, assigning, and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustments, but do not have final responsibility for making these decisions.Job Requirements:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: 5+ years of experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Statistical Mathematical Skills -- Ability to work with mathematical and algebraic concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and forecasting. Ability to apply and analyze concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced Technical Computer Skills -- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate / advance programming, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages.
- Moderate Communication -- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others and make presentations to department or middle management.
- Department Specific Impact -- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
Nature of Problems
- Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents, and practices.
- Functional Independent Judgement -- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs. Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
- Moderate -- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or airLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.