The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a department of 400+ professionals delivering solutions to campus stakeholders that support the missions of teaching & learning, research and public service. OIT is organized into several divisions. The Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) division is charged with providing technical infrastructure services to other divisions and directly to campus. These services include (but are not limited to): data center, systems, networking and telecommunications.
Under general direction of the Senior Director, Enterprise Infrastructure, the Manager, Telecommunications position oversees the telephone system and telecommunications functions for campus. This position directly manages the telephone engineering and field technician teams and is accountable for the team's performance. The team's responsibilities include:
- System and service lifecycle and feature roadmaps
- Telephone recharge service profit & loss
- Operational processes, break/fix incidents and requests
- Telephone and telecommunications projects
- Risk identification and mitigation
- First-level network device support
This position is expected to act as part of the division leadership team and may be called upon to serve in campus or department workgroups or committees. This is not a full-time remote position.
- 7+ years of experience managing Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with an emphasis in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, or in a related field.
- Requires full knowledge of area of functional responsibility.
- Advanced knowledge of the practices and techniques of the voice and data field and the ability to determine a course of action based on guidelines.
- Requires the ability to gather, organize, and prioritize work assignments, with limited guidance.
- Must be able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth, advanced understanding of various telephony and telecommunications platforms, protocols and software.
- Additional experience working with telecom requests for proposal (RFPs) and disaster recovery solutions.
- Requires technical knowledge and skills associated with voice and data network systems.
- Experience working with represented staff.
Special Conditions Required:
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and participate in the DMV Pull Notice Program
To view the complete job description and apply, please use this link:
or visit the UCI Careers site at
- provided by Dice