Platform Infrastructure is a group dedicated to providing key components, processes, and guidance for the Calabrio platform and other product development teams. The infrastructure group focuses primarily on cloud enablement; build and release pipelines; shared platform services; and data engineering.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join the platform group at our Minneapolis headquarters. As a Development Manager, you will be responsible for the overall development of the cloud components that support the Calabrio platform. In addition, you will oversee resource staffing, assignments, scheduling and performance of your team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Manage a cross-functional team of talented software and cloud infrastructure engineers, focusing on quality, best-practices, and delivering shared platform services
* Provide leadership during all phases of the development lifecycle
* Collaborate with a cross-functional group, including Architecture, CloudOps, and Product Development, within a high-performing Agile environment
* Support and foster the professional development of team members
* Attract, maintain, and coach a high-performing team by setting meaningful goals, providing regular performance feedback, and championing a growth mindset
* Oversee and participate in the team's contribution towards product requirements, acceptance criteria, and business impact
* Build relationships with third-party vendors, partners, and customers
EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Demonstrated experience building scalable services using iterative development practices
* Hands-on experience with cloud-hosted/-native infrastructure for compute, data, streaming, caching, file services, etc.
* Clear written and verbal communication skills, effective with small and large audiences across a wide range of cultures and backgrounds
* Calm, collected demeanor during stressful situations (e.g., escalations, customer calls, etc.)
* Capable of effectively managing multiple workstreams in partnership with other business units, groups, and teams
* Excellent leadership and personnel management skills related to team motivation, goal setting, and performance appraisals
* Preference for experience working with modern tools with a DevOps mindset
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO APPLY?
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 8+ years of relevant software development experience
* 3+ years of experience managing software development teams