6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox Communications IncJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Communications is looking for a Customer Cyber Security Abuse Operations Manager who will report to the Director of Customer and Messaging Cyber Security.
This individual will be responsible for enforcing Cox's Residential and Business Acceptable Use Policies and assisting in Cyber Security events, where applicable. They will manage multiple direct reports along with 3rd party resources.
This individual is expected to interact directly with leaders and members of other teams, conduct meetings, communicate our objectives, and operate independently to generate subtasks that lead to the successful delivery of assigned initiatives. This includes driving technical solutions, processes, procedures, and relationships to ensure a positive and secure digital customer experience.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology, and security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to lead an operations team. Individual must also possess the desire to drive efforts to their conclusion. Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Create, update, and improve processes for handling Cox Network abuse issues. Advise and coach team members on procedures, technical problems, standard methodology, and priorities.
- Partner with other functional groups to develop, manage, track, and analyze operational support structures, tools, methods and procedures and processes to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a quality customer experience.
- Partner with internal technology teams on Customer Security integration and operating models.
- Create and maintain relationships with other ISPs (internet service providers) for data sharing and co-operation.
- Develop and execute on customer facing messaging.
- Partner with internal technology teams to operationalize security messaging features and capabilities.
- Manage contract resources for strategic third-party labor engagements.
- Anticipate industry future directions and relate those changes to current and future needs.
- Maintain U.S. legal and regulatory awareness and apply updates into Abuse handling process, as applicable.
- Coach and develop people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong, collaborative partnerships within the Technology organization and across business functions.
- Identify, track, and communicate key operational metrics.
- 5+ years of information security experience
- Experience in an operations environment
- BS/BA in a related discipline required (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to effectively drive understanding and consensus among cross-functional teams on key security risks
- Demonstrated track record of successful project or operational delivery, technical aptitude, and problem-solving skills
- 1-2 years direct experience in security engineering, security operations, or services abuse support
- Incident management experience
- 1+ years of management experience
- Consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience
- Highly prefer wireless carrier experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification - CISSP, CISM, CISA.
Who We Are About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
- provided by Dice