Logistics Delivery Manager- 3G/4G/5G - Reading
Are you an experienced Logistics specialist with exposure to delivery management within the mobile industry? If so then please apply to a fantastic new position working for a global mobile network services provider. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team, with daily challenges to your work and to fully utilise your coordination skills at the forefront of the mobile Industry.
Our clients Logistics Team are responsible for partnering with a key Deployment Teams and Small Works Contractors nationally, to ensure that everything is in place to Build or Upgrade RAN, Transmission and Backhaul Network sites across their Shareholders' shared network throughout the UK.
The Role and Responsibilities:
* Manage the stock holding, working with the programmes to ensure forecasts are received in a timely manner and to ultimately reduce excess stock holding
* Manage all stock within quarantine system and ensure that stock is investigated for re-use and re-deployment
* Work with the SWCs to maintain stock levels, including stock in field.
* Collaborative working with Design to ensure recent products are being deployed.
* Vendor management to ensure vendors are delivering to time and expectations, managing any exceptions
* Managing warehouse stock levels including testing, DOA's and audits.
* Support deployment team with upcoming rollout programme which is extremely fast paced project
* Responsible for supplying regular updates to the Logistics Manager
What we are looking for:
* Experience of delivering projects and Asset Management services to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
* Experience of processes and capabilities required to manage warehousing and distribution solutions using suppliers and 3rd parties
* Experience of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to deliver warehousing and distribution solutions using suppliers, 3rd parties and retained teams.
* Experience of working as part of a broader deployment function
* Strong experience of motivating and managing outsource Suppliers to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
* Strong experience of providing key information to both shareholders and suppliers, with strong knowledge of commercially sensitive situations.
* Awareness of managing the natural tensions between customer, commercial and technical requirements.
* Ability and experience of working in a fast-paced environment and providing support as and when required
If this position looks like a good match for you, please apply. Alternatively you can contact Patrick McNamara at Project People Ltd to discuss the role in more detail or e-mail on: (see below)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.