Job Title: Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Hammersmith, London
Salary: £65,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is on the search for a Linux Infrastructure Engineer to become a piece of their puzzle. But this isn't an ordinary puzzle - they're a puzzle with no sides, constantly evolving and adapting to fit in their environment, as soon as they lay one piece, they are working together to fix another.
They are a team of fire-fighters, plate-spinners and pull-together-and-find-a-solutioners. They serve millions of patients and healthcare professionals every day and are passionate about healthcare and finding the best technological solutions.
They are supportive of their team and live in the cliché of no two days are the same. If you think you've got what it takes to work in a fun, fast paced, reactive and rewarding digital health company then they would love to hear from you.
As the Linux Infrastructure Engineer, you will be working as part of an Agile team responsible for the ongoing monitoring, scaling, deployment and health of the production platform.
They are currently in the early stage of migrating their platform from a traditional hosting environment to AWS and you will be in a pivotal role in ensuring this transition is carried out without incident. You will be expected to develop templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management to facilitate this migration.
- Focus on proactive monitoring and catching issues early.
- Learning about new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment.
- Work with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Researching and architecting solutions to solve security and compliance requirements
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
What they're looking for:
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, etc.
- Solid scripting skills in one or more of; Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PHP
- Strong background in Linux (Centos/Redhat) administration
- Enterprise-level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls, BGP)
- Familiarity with large-scale databases and proficiency in MySQL.
- Experience working with containers such as Docker, (deployment aspects)
- Experienced in automated build and deployments using Jenkins / GitLab CI
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experienced with source code control (GitHub or GitLab)
- Good working knowledge of Virtualisation platforms such as VMware
- Line management experience
Above all, they want someone who shares their core principles of:
- Patient Centred
- Can be Trusted
- Can Deliver Quality
- Aiming High
The Company offers the following:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- On-site wellbeing programmes and massages
- Free breakfast
- Company-funded bi-monthly social
- An annual individual training budget of up to £1000
- Life insurance
- In-office pool table and conveniently located Hammersmith office
- Company share option scheme, Travel Loan Scheme, and Contribution towards a monthly fitness activity (on passing probation)
If you are looking to make a difference and help transform the healthcare industry please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role, detailing your salary expectations.
Strictly No Agencies
If you have not heard within 2 weeks of date of application please presume your application has not been successful
Candidates with experience of; Infrastructure Engineer, Office Migration, Virtual Desktop Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Management, Linux Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Technical Support, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role...... click apply for full job details