Forward thinking SaaS company in Doncaster seeking an Infrastructure Engineer, up to £35k + great benefits
Your new company
Your new company will be an exciting growing SaaS based company who are seeking to disrupt the business communications market with their innovative product. With an ever growing expanding client base, they pride themselves on providing a first rate service whilst constantly improving their offering. They use the latest robust technologies to deliver a secure, reliable and scaleable platform. As they seek to continue their trajectory, they're looking to add a Linux Infrastructure Engineer to their team.
Your new role
As a Linux Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be building, managing and supporting up to 40 Linux virtual server environments, liaising with both customers and internal members to provide a reliable and quality service. You'll take care of the day to day network and infrastructure tasks to minimise system downtime and verify backups, identifying and implementing new ways of monitoring and analysing the systems to ensure there are no failure points, so systems can sustain the ever increasing demand. You'll take charge of the company's telephony systems, working closely with customers and internal departments to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, investigating and making use of external parties where necessary.
- Ensure the day to day running of the network, video and voice infrastructures and their reliability
- Monitor and achieve the required capacity to sustain current and future demand
- Own the scheduling of routine maintenance, guaranteeing a reliable process of backups and testing
- Establish an effective supply chain with 3 part suppliers to meet the service demand, considering both our commercial and technical needs for infrastructure and telephony
- Ensure that the infrastructure adheres to the company's security standards and remains as best practice (ISO 9001 & 27001)
- Work closely with the Support and Product teams to proactively identify potential customer impacting system issues
- Own customer impacting system issues through to resolution via support tickets, log alerts and our internal communication channels
- Act as an escalation point for the Support team to analyse and resolve our customers' technical issues
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Architect to implement infrastructure changes
- Own, develop and improve the processes, especially within infrastructure maintenance
- Work with the customer facing teams to address external queries regarding system reliability and security
- Maintain and create documentation for departmental and company use
- Review and develop additional policies relating to the organisation's infrastructure
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you'll need a strong understanding of Server side Linux administration alongside excellent networking skills, including a sound knowledge of TCP/UDP/IP, DNS and Firewalls. You'll be comfortable working with system monitoring and management tools, including SIP, RTP and WebRTC, MySQL and Ruby. You should be able to demonstrate when you've worked to deliver highly available and redundant architectures, giving practice examples of anticipation problem solving through trend identification, problem management and root-cause analysis. You should have a good working knowledge of AWS management and administration, including EC2, Route53 and S3.
Outside of your technical skills, we want to be able to see that you can work successfully with both internal parties and customers, understanding their issues and providing timely, successful fixes, understanding the audience's technical understanding. You'll be an explorer and implementer of the latest technology, therefore you'll need to be able to create and follow technical documentation and procedures.
What you'll get in return
This organisation offer a range of benefits including free gym memberships at local facilities with extra lunch time to use these, extra annual leave and monthly prize incentives. You'll get the opportunity to work with new and exciting technology tools (WebRTC, Terraform, Chef, Elixir and Typescript to name a few) and be comfortable in your work environment, with a casual dress code in a modern, accessible office with free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.