St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Lead Telecommunications Engineer is a Level-III member of the Information Technology Infrastructure team. This person is an accomplished professional with experience in related data and voice communication systems, projects and PBX operations. This Lead Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for providing expert level voice communication system support services, consultation and recommendations as it relates to core designs and support for IT Strategic Planning and related health care initiatives for St. Luke's University Health Network.
The Lead Telecommunications Engineer is required to work independently as well as together in a team environment, leading peers and junior technical staff with project and operational maintenance support. This individual is responsible for the development, implementation, enhancement, maintenance, integrity and stability of all Telecommunication systems and related services within the Organization; must maintain strong telecommunication industry technical knowledge with high competence in data communications technology, ACD, Contact Center, Voice Mail, PBX, VOIP, SBC, Cloud and Wireless technology platforms as well as related operational and programming support functions. This person works closely with IT department and organizational leadership, IT Engineering teams, Solutions Architects and Technology vendors on strategic planning, design, development and deployment. The role actively participates in the PMO process, planning and spearheading technology implementation projects. This requires upkeep of PMO application system, documentation and associated task management with project time frames, the Change Management process, communications and related logistics.
In this capacity, the Lead Telecommunications Engineer is expected to coordinate with Customer Departments, Project, Architects, Engineering and Operational Support Teams to transition from a project state to an operational state. The Lead will manage telecommunications projects through the entire life cycle; working initiatives and time frames to meet project and/or operational deadlines. The role is responsible for providing transitional support, maintenance documentation as well as guidance to other departments. Junior level technical staff are responsible for performing operational maintenance functions. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in Customer Service and proactive interactions with customers (internal and external).
- Provides Expert level consultation/recommendations to IT department and organizational leadership on for IT Strategic planning relating to Telecommunication initiatives.
- Works well with Solutions Architects, Engineering peers, junior technical staff and Technology Vendors with R&D, strategic and tactical planning, design, development and deployment.
- Conducts detailed analysis, defining standards and documenting technology requirements for infrastructure design, planning, funding, implementation and customer use.
- Investigates various technologies, engages with key Telecommunication Vendors and partners to negotiate solutions and options for appropriate product pricing.
- Lead team members on optimization of the Phone Systems through development of programs that take advantage of new functionality and enhancements.
- Oversees/Tests/implements under Change Management program all Phone system releases/upgrades and hardware refresh cycles.
- Leads technical teams through telecommunications projects, working closely with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Peers and voice technology customers.
- Accepts assignments, coordinates and install Voice products, systems and circuits as required.
- Work with cross functional teams and St. Luke's Customer, providing education on telecommunication functionality and configuration of new tools to increase Customer productivity with use.
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Requires crouching, kneeling, and lifting of objects weighing up to 60 pounds, pushing objects weighing up to 80 pounds. Requires hand and finger dexterity to perform repairs of small equipment and to use computer equipment. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations. EDUCATION:
Military/Vocational Technical School & Technology Industry Certifications; and/or
Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of Telecommunications design & support experience is required
- 8-10 years of Contact Center experience is required
- 3-5 years Construction Project experience in a Health Care setting is required
- 3-5 years PC and Phone experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of Network data/voice/wireless/VOIP experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Healthcare environment is preferred
- 1-2 years of Wireless Phone experience is required
- MS Visio and MS Office Products is required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization and can deliver technical information to a non-technical audience
- Bachelors equivalent with focus in Computer/Unified Communication
- In depth experience of Unified Communications Vendor Solutions (Microsoft & Cisco)
- Demonstrated industry knowledge of Collaboration and Unified Communications technology
- Cisco certifications - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft certifications - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!! St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.