Lead Solution Architect - Radio Telecom Engineering
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Solution Architect based at Warwick (flexibility with primary location due to regular travel across sites) to report to the Head of Design and work closely with Radio Design Engineers, taking the lead to resolve highly complex technical design and service issues across the telecommunication streams, for one of the largest radio engineering projects in the UK.
You would be overseeing the design of the customer Radio systems which include Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Emergency Services Network (ESN), Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), paging, satellite, and Fire Radio acting as a Technical Lead to manage the deliverables.
This is working for an excellent organisation, who offer a great holiday package, reward scheme, and a range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers.
This role will involve travelling to different sites, so this must be for a Solution Architect that is happy to travel.
Within the role you will be responsible for
- Overseeing the design of the customers Radio systems which include Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Emergency Services Network (ESN), Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), Paging, Satellite and Fire Radio
- Ensure that designs meet the customers' requirements in accordance with appropriate Nuclear regulations.
- Supporting and coaching of assigned design engineers at a technical level and provide professional engineering support to enable to deliver high quality solutions to our Client.
- Verify Requirements
- Producing the design strategy for the each of the workstreams.
- Ensure that designs are compatible with other designs that are produced by the organisation and 3rd parties
- Managing the deliverables on complex customer design and implementation projects.
- Acting as a technical lead to resolves technical problems during the project phase.
- Acting as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources. To train internal staff on workstreams. To devise and deliver training programs and support documentation for Operations.
- Developing High level designs from customer requirements
- Developing Low level designs for the Technical Specialists to implement projects within the workstream's area of expertise.
- Assisting in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities.
- Attending Client and interface meetings as required
- Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development
- Taking a lead in defining value add projects and to assist in delivering the projects as a Technical leader.
- Seeking continuous improvement for the design elements of the HPC project through the introduction of new and innovative approaches and technologies.
Skills & Qualification
We are looking for candidates who have the below skills and qualifications:
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure consistent design across different technical disciplines
- Proven design experience
- Degree or HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject or equivalent
- Recognised technical qualification in at least one of the technical disciplines being managed
We are looking for project Managers with the below Behavioural skills:
- Demonstrating that safety and is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to call out when something is not right in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one's own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when they disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person's understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.