Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world's subscribers.
As a Lead Radio Architect you will join the Radio Development Unit leadership team and will be responsible for radio development technical aspect. You will be driving design to cost execution and technical implementation together with the program management.
This position will be based in Richardson, Texas.
* Lead Architect for the radio electromechanical solution
* Define the overall architecture, internal and external interfaces and functional description of the solution to optimize performance, product cost and manufacturability
* Act as technical authority in the design reviews
* Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications
* Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
* Provide active support and guidance for program management
* Provide support for PLM and pre-sales in RFI/RFQ cases
* Provide system level technical support in customer meetings
* Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features
* Create requirement specification for production test systems
* Approve test plans and test reports
* Provide guidance and leadership to junior members of the team
* Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio program lead architect / chief engineer role
* Successful track record in driving design to cost in telecom infra domain.
* In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network. Additional knowledge on the core network standards is a plus.
* Deep knowledge on reliability analysis
* Deep knowledge on RF, digital and mechanical design and verification
* In-depth knowledge on beamforming, beamforming calibration and antenna design and technologies
* Familiarity with electronics, PWB and mechanical components supplier base and supply chain
* Deep knowledge on cost efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
* Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
* Curious minded person striving for continuos learning and innovation
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
* Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
* MS Degree in EE or CS.
* At least 10+ years' experience in telecommunication industry in design and systems engineering roles
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail or call: +1-. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.