Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Applies advanced engineering and application principles, theories, concepts and technologies to help solve unusually complex problems and issues with advanced monitoring and telemetry tools.
The Main Responsibilities
- Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications.
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Evaluate AppDynamics Patches and Fixes as needed for potential implementation
- Work with architecture, business and delivery teams to determine strategic direction for APM platform
- Help users develop and/or enhance reports and dashboards for meaningful application metrics
- Identifying opportunities to automate repetitive processes increasing efficiency
- Communicate and collaborate with other application support teams technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Advocate the APM solution and processes and seek partnership with business application teams to solicit buy in through engagement
- Document best practices and operational procedures
- Test and implement AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions appropriate for Client's technology stack (e.g. Webservers; Messaging Tiers, Middlewares, databases, infrastructure components)
- Provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3+ years experience with AppDynamics or other application performance monitoring tools
- Well versed in Unix and Linux operating systems and functional understanding of application development methodologies
- Strong, functional understanding of application development and architecture principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of application performance matters in a complex multi-tiered environment
- Experience with monitoring application technologies (Java, .NET, PHP, Python)
- Strong familiarity with SaaS deployments and supporting architecture
- Experience implementing and optimizing SaaS-based, enterprise-class monitoring and event correlation solutions
Bachelors or Equivalent experience
Requisition #: 236914
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.