Lead IoT Network ArchitectLocation:
US Westminster CO / RemoteOverview:
Trimble is recruiting for a Lead Network Architect to help shape the future of our IoT Edge Networking platform in Trimble Cloud xOps. As part of our Connect and Scale 2025 strategy, this is an exciting opportunity to continue our journey of migrating Trimble's physical IoT edge footprint into the public Cloud. This role has a strong opportunity to move into a formal management role in the team, with responsibility in people and overall service management. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Network Operations and Infrastructure which support Trimble Cloud xOps globally.
- Accountable for architecting, coordinating and implementing Network Engineering initiatives in IOT Networking capabilities in AWS and/or Azure
- Lead a team of 4 dedicated networking professionals responsible for managing and operating Network and Security services in private and public cloud environments
- Participate in Hiring, Coaching, Training and mentoring team members.
- Delivery of Network Operations and committed SLA's.
- Act as the primary interface to mobile carriers for provision of new and the support of existing APNs.
- Plan, Coordinate, Test and Implement Infrastructure projects involving Networks, Security, Risk and Compliance.
- Partner with key Trimble stakeholders (internal and external) to drive strategic planning and execution of Infrastructure projects.
- Provide input to Trimble Cloud xOps Management and Operations Board Members to define near term roadmap and long range business planning.
- Engage with senior level partners to develop solutions which meet their business needs.
- Coordination with Corporate IS network engineering and management teams on shared or mutual interest initiatives.
- Competent in operating under a ISO27001 ISMS security compliance framework
- Familiarity with ITSM under an ITIL framework for Request, Change, Incident and Problem Management
- Knowledge of the operational details of 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE wireless network technologies and APN (SGSN, GGSN)
- A proven track record of designing and supporting enterprise global networks and IOT networking platforms in excess of 200,000 wireless devices.
- Experience in data analysis, algorithm development and implementation
- Designing cloud agnostic, highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant and scalable solutions in hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to tailor information appropriately to audiences across technical engineering, management, director and VP roles
- Confident in scoping, specifying and planning project work in excess of $100,000 budget.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computing, Data Communications or Networking discipline
- Current Cisco Certification in Routing and Switching at CCNP or CCIE level, or equivalent
- An associate level certification or network specialism in a cloud platform such as AWS (preferred) or Azure (desirable)
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D