End User Services Architect - 201701
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why you'll love this job:
As the End User Services Architect, you will be responsible for advancing the enterprise strategy throughout End User Services (EUS) to delight our end users and continue to improve our user experience. This requires leadership and collaboration throughout all the enterprise. The Architect will focus on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members. The Architect will participate from the very early stages of EUS initiatives, working with business development and the industry, to analyze the overall business problem and objectives and to help develop strategies to meet those objectives.
- Leads and enables collaboration across the End User Services domain providing architect direction, reviews application plans and designs.
- Develops and documents technology architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for enterprise-wide implementation to enable repeatable, faster, and compliant delivery to our end users.
- Maintains understanding of existing DTCC applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects ensuring all deliveries adhere to architectural best practices, standards, and guidance.
- Shares DTCC's architectural vision with key stakeholders and contributes to the technology strategy, vision, requirements, and solutions for enterprise initiatives.
- Recommends and promotes Industry specific best practices, standards and regulations and functional best practices for the enterprise to identify potential areas where standards may need change due to changing business requirements or changes in technology environment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and industry groups.
- Mitigates risk and control by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Talents needed for Success
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a technical role in IT (5+ years of strategy experience preferred)
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Software as a Service experience preferred
- Possess strong technical expertise and a deep understanding of hardware, software, networking and technology including virtual platforms, Unified Communication and collaboration tools including (Zoom and O365 suite, contact center etc.), Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.
The IT Governance and Assurance Department focus on advancing organizational goals through the effective and efficient use of IT, by ensuring IT has the necessary capabilities and controls to enhance the stability of DTCC products. The department will also be responsible for maturing core IT business management and governance capabilities.