Our support functions at AXL are the foundations of our operations who enable us to constantly grow and improve.
We are currently looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to support our amazing and dedicated IT Team in Wigan.
About the Role
In this role you will take the lead on some exciting Infrastructure projects; new infrastructure installations, site moves/changes, installing and supporting Network and Software applications and more!
You will also provide 3rd line Infrastructure Support and be responsible for the security, resilience, backup and monitoring of Infrastructure.
Other responsibilities will include;
· Design, develop, implement and test technical solutions based on business requirements.
· Contribute to the wider IT strategy, striving to deliver stabilisation and continuous improvement across ArrowXL.
· Provide leadership for the team of Infrastructure Engineers.
· Act as a technical guide, train and mentor members of your team, whilst being able to drive a high level of quality from your colleagues.
· Design, build, deploy and maintain the IT infrastructure using the latest technology.
· Put together and install infrastructure components on networks and servers, ensuring that the technical performance aspects in the infrastructure environment are optimized (including database, network, and application server performance).
· Engage with management regularly, reporting on project status, activity, and achievements.
· Identify, oversee development, analyse, evaluate, mature and transition technologies to satisfy emerging requirements.
· Support wider teams in ArrowXL during the delivery of change projects and plans that align to our business units.
On occasion, due to the nature of the role, you will also need to support the business outside of usual working hours.
Before applying, you should be able to demonstrate experience of Technical leadership and staff management experience , with the ability to lead Infrastructure projects.
You should have:
· At least 4 years working in a similar role.
· Knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate processes, and build upon an infrastructure.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
· Experience working with: Office 365, Windows Server, VMware, Active Directory, SAN/NAS, Azure, LAN networking inc. switch configuration.
Whilst your home location will be our Wigan Support Centre, you will be required to travel to another site to provide support, therefore you should hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we offer in return
An annual salary between £50,000 to £55,000 depending on experience.
In addition to this competitive salary, you'll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays (which increases with service!)
The option of private medical insurance
A fabulous Staff Discount at Very.co.uk
An attractive pension plan
Opportunities for development and progression
Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more!
Free on-site parking
Department competitions (including Employee of the Month!)
ArrowXL are the UK's leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items - the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL
We're also proud to be 2019 winners of the Customer Care Award at the UK Warehousing Association and the Training Award at Motor Transport - so come join our award-winning team!..... click apply for full job details