My client are recruiting for a Lead Infrastructure Egineer to join their Data Analytics & Modelling (DAM). It is the domain that develops, supports and maintains the data services used across the organisation. Their core function is to analyse, design, develop and successfully deliver quality, robust business solutions. DAM are responsible for services that support the identification, extraction, analysis and presentation of business data to provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations. We work closely with the Chief Data Officer Division providing the IT capabilities to support the new divisions' objectives. Data Analytics and Modelling comprises of three sections; Delivery, Operations and Data Platform.
This is an exciting bramd new role part of their Data Platform area. The domain is looking to expand from their current state as it will be expanding due to the planned implementation of a new on premise HDP Installation later in the year as an upgrade to a current installation. The successful candidate will act as a Technical Lead as well as People Manager. You must have the ability to mentor and bring on less experienced members of a team and also manage the team in terms of workload, objective setting and performance management. Good communicator, ability to deal with experienced and more junior engineers and motivate, get the best out of the team, make them into better engineers.
The role will be as the lead engineer on a team with responsibility for designing, implementing, administrating and supporting Hadoop, Tableau and R Shiny / Server instances for the Bank's major data analytics environment. The key technology to understand is an on-prem Hadoop installation and a wider knowledge of how this type of platform integrates with other infrastructure (e.g. storage, networks).
Minimum Essential Criteria;
- Experience of Enterprise Linux or Unix systems administration
- Technical knowledge of tech stack and technical oversight of team and set technical directions
- Configuration management experience using Ansible (or other similar configuration manager)
- Experience in building and administration for on premise Cloudera / HDP implementations
- Experience of networking, AD /LDAP and Kerberos authentication for Linux
- Some experience of virtualisation using the VMWare products
- Knowledge of IaC automation tools, preferably VMware VRA / VRO or Terraform
- Scripting Language experience for example with BASH or Python along with the use of source Control (for example GIT)
- Experience of building or migrating platforms on cloud
- An Understanding and enthusiasm of/for DevOps tools (preferably Jenkins, Git, Nexus, Artifactory), principles and practices
Get in touch immediately for further details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process...... click apply for full job details