ECS is seeking a Junior to Mid-Level Cyber Security Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees and teams to be our most important assets. Our team environment provides opportunities for growth to individuals who are motivated to excel. We are situated in Merrifield, VA -- well positioned for most commutes within the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first in class facilitating a teamwork environment. We also offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. Our growing program works with the most forward leaning technologies and extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in within the AI/ML domain. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to the right person for this key position.
- The Junior to Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for performing daily SOC operational tasks, such as:
- Reviewing daily security alerts and reports, performing investigations, providing documentation, and assisting with remediation activities.
- Secures system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems in order to determine compliance and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration.
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations. Performs vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensures all Network, Server, PC and software systems are up to date on security vulnerability patches.
- Provides network engineer services to support network operations while maintaining security standards (NIST), administering switches, routers, DNS, DHCP, NAT, DLP, VLAN and other network configuration and support as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education or work experience
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance
- 1+ years of prior relevant experience in cyber security
- DoD 8570 IAT Level-1or higher
- Experience with system administration (Windows PC/ Server 2012 and up, Linux/CentOS 6 and up)
- Experience with network security
- Experience with Cisco devices, fabricating cables, and pulling wire.
- Experience with network performance monitoring and troubleshooting common to complex network problems.
- Experience with Splunk or other network monitoring tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with information security policies
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management
- Experience with DoD STIGs an SRGs
- Experience with Windows Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience analyzing vulnerabilities
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.