Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking a Junior Cyber Security Specialist for our Waterford, CT headquarters office.
What you will be doing:
- Implement and audit security controls to preserve confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems
- Integrate security configuration procedures and tools on Windows and Linux platforms
- Evaluate requirements, select/implement security controls, create and/or review installation procedures, conduct verification and validation of test procedures and script changes, tailor and configure security controls for specific product use, tailor platform hardening, implement application software and/or Operating System vulnerability patches, draft overall security assessment plans, prepare test procedures, perform security tests, and perform security vulnerability assessments using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Participate in certification and accreditation activities with various government authorities and certification agents to obtain and maintain official system Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Completing security and Information Assurance (IA) training as required, achieving a minimum of 40 hrs/yr of continuing education per DOD IA workforce improvement program
- Travel to receive training or to complete system installations at customer sites
Whats in it for you:
- Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plans.
- Salary ranges between $60,000-$80,000, dependent on experience, qualifications and other relevant business criteria.
- Opportunity to challenge yourself (learn and grow) intellectually as technologies advance.
- Working on challenging and innovative projects.
- Associates degree in an Information Technology or Cyber Security related field or two years equivalent Information Technology experience
- Proficiency with Windows Operating System Configuration
- Must have, or be able to obtain, Security+ or equivalent certifications
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible for a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance*
Preferred, but not required, experience in the following:
- Experience in obtaining system ATO
- Working Knowledge of Mac OS X and Linux
- Proficient in Active Directory and Event Viewer
- Proficient in Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Possessing an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Current Security+ or equivalent certification
*Obtaining a U.S. Government security clearance involves a comprehensive background check. Candidates are eligible for a clearance if they have demonstrated sound financial management (including good credit) over time, are free of criminal records, have limited foreign contacts or ties, and other factors indicative of a position of trust to protect information sensitive to the U.S. Government.
Sonalysts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other basis protected by law.
Sonalysts is a Federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors (theEO). All new employees will be required to present proof they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 on the first day of employment. If you receive and decide to accept an offer of employment, but you believe you are entitled to a medical or religious exemption under the specific conditions permitted by the EO, you will be required to notify usas soon as possible, and prior to the beginning of youremployment, to start the interactive process and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Sonalysts may be able to offer and what effect, if any, these may have on your start date or your employment. Every new employee must meet the requirements of the EO on the first day of employment, either by proof of vaccination or prior approval by Sonalysts of an exemption.
This job is not available to residents of New York City because of local law restrictions there.
Drug Testing Employer