We are seeking a Jr./Entry Level NOC Telecommunications Technician in Herndon, VA to support the Peraton Communications Sector.
In this position, you will ensure that the Peraton Communications Sector's network and customers are monitored to pro-actively identify and prevent potential incidents. You will be responsible for ensuring that incidents are managed effectively through the execution of the established incident management process, with a focus on ticket management quality, and effective escalation and communications. The position will report to the Peraton Communications Sector's Network Operations Center Manager.
The Peraton Communications Sector provides innovative, reliable communications solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. As a trusted provider of highly differentiated secure communications capabilities, the Peraton Communications Sector is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities.
What you will do…
* Perform network monitoring and support, hardware/data monitoring and validation of network related devices and services while evaluating network alarms and problem situations, providing holistic solutions and escalating to other levels for resolution in order to reduce downtime
* Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required
* Monitor open trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution
* Monitor network components (fiber nodes, routers, switches and other items)
* Monitor weather and current events and alert the team and management to potential risks
* Identifies problem and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact
* Notify management of major network outages and resolutions
* Other duties as assigned
You would be a great fit if you have…
* A High School Diploma and 2+ years of related experience, or an AS degree in a related technical field in lieu of experience
* 2+ years of NOC/help desk/system support experience in a global network
* Understanding of TCP/IP addressing, ISP concepts, routing protocols and services such as DNS, DHCP, XDSL, SDWAN, SIP, VOIP, PRI, DWDM, GPON, Ethernet protocols and other telecommunication services
* Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques used in network/system administration and support and the ability to manage maintenance procedures
* A flexible schedule with willingness to work shifts and holidays, in a 24 x 7 x 365 Center
* Computer/MS Office/MS SharePoint experience
* Experience working with customers in a fast-paced environment
It would be even better if you have…
* Cisco/Juniper/Ciena hands-on experience, CCNA, JNCIA and or CA/CE-A certification(s)
* Experience with Service Now or other enterprise grade ticketing/order processing systems
* Excellent networking and communication skills via verbal/written formats
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication skill
* Proven ability to meet or exceed set goals, and you are a results-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Ability to be a self-directed team player and to deliver tasks timely and efficiently, with a demonstrated ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and represent Peraton in a respectful and professional manner
What you will get…
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires you to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.