The IT Telecommunications Manager reports to the VP IT Infrastructure & Security and manages telecommunications activities concerned with planning, direction, selection, acquisition, design, installation, performance and maintenance of voice, data and telecommunications systems.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA's Core Values. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages direct reports and sets goals, assign projects, performs evaluations, and provides professional growth to staff to effectively accomplish department goals.
• Supervises and manages telecommunications projects, tests and evaluation programs.
• Oversees and contributes to projects involving existing communications systems and equipment; monitors key metrics including present and projected volume of communications, effectiveness and adequacy of system; estimates equipment replacement and maintenance costs.
• Leads telecommunications projects for porting lines, establishing new lines and communicating activity for installation, repair and billing
• Analyzes and provides management with information on availability and pricing of telecommunication technology and services.
• Reviews costs/benefits of telephony systems as well as evaluation, installation and repair of all new and upgraded voice/wire systems.
• Develops centralized and stringent rules around telecommunications processes to ensure integrity of networks and billing.
• Manages billing processes with end users, monitors cost effectiveness, and recommends upgrading of appropriate systems.
• Manages several hundred mobile devices including procurement, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Organizes and maintains centralized database of vendors and contact information for all properties for quick troubleshooting with vendors.
• Supports team as needed by quickly identifying hardware issues and initiating action to resolve.
• May conduct long-term strategic planning activities for development and implementation including transmission media and general technology guidelines.
• Stays abreast of current & developing telecommunications technology to include vocabulary/terminology, carriers and cabling providers, voice circuits, analog, etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED required
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a telecommunications role within a mid-size company and with supervisory experience required
• Knowledge and experience with telecommunications billing required
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field preferred
• Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in a similar telecommunications role preferred
• Prior experience managing mobile platform software preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of telecommunications technologies, software, and hardware, including but not limited to data and voice systems, switches, routers, etc.
• Knowledge of real estate or property management environment and terminology
• Knowledge and skill in learning, understanding and applying new technologies
• Skill in team leadership and mentoring technically-oriented direct reports
• Skill in organizing work and prioritizing projects to successfully meet deadlines
• Skill in applying critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving methods
• Skill in clearly and concisely communicating verbally and in writing, including with non-technical audiences
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Visit to apply online.