WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing-and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit .
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington, and is open to local candidates who are authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced IT systems administrator with cloud infrastructure experience who can help us navigate our cloud infrastructure needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, planning, automation, and everything in between. You must have a firm grasp on Software as a Service (SaaS) technologies, platforms, applications, and automation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create and maintain IT production environments in AWS
- Collaborate on the maintenance of SaaS production and test environments in AWS
- Run regular checks on network, data security, system audits and backups.
- Establish and maintain infrastructure controls, policies and procedures.
- Perform automated cloud deployments for business applications, monitoring and alerts, review application logs, completion of scheduled jobs & backups.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to conduct and implement capacity planning.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 3+ years of technical experience building IT Cloud Infrastructure including Network & Security systems, AWS preferred.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as C#, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with Dev Ops automation tools to implement CI/CD.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with telemetry, system metrics, monitoring, and alerting solutions
- Unix experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time position with benefits.
- We are unable to offer relocation packages, or reimburse for travel to our office for interviews, at this time.
- We are unable to sponsor visas at this time, and require proof of current authorization to work in the US upon the start of employment.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities-anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.