Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
TS/SCI Clearance is required
San Antonio TX
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response Activities for a large organization coordinates with other Government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
- Assists with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning systems.
- Performs period and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members and will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as a technical team or task lead
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Specific Tasks include, but not limited to the following:
IA Compliance - Ensure all customer supports systems meet the DoD Cyber Security Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDI 8500.2, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, or the most current standards, and Air Force guidance that are applicable to cybersecurity operational and oversight management.
RMF- Supports and oversee all organizational systems through the RMF process. Track process, procedures, coordinates with Program Managers (PMs), and report to the Government Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Cyber Security Liaison (CSL), as required.
Vulnerability Compliance Monitoring and support- Maintain, monitor, and assist Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA), IA Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVB) Technical Orders (TO), and Time Compliance Networking Order (TNCOs), requirements to ensure all systems are in compliance.
STIG Compliance - Ensure all STIGs apply to systems, software, and configurations. Report Results as required by Program Managers and Authorizing Officials (AOs).
Tempest - Ensure all supported systems and facilities comply with TEMPEST requirements.
Analysis of Networks/Systems/Workstations - provide monthly analysis of networks, systems, and workstations to potential vulnerabilities. Analysis shall include recommendations and corrective actions necessary to mitigate or eliminate vulnerabilities.
Insider Threat and Media Control - Ensure all media that is introduced to the customer space is accounted for in accordance with DoD, Air Force regulations, and local policy/instructions. Serve as a focal point for media control and distribution the organization.
Ticketing System - Utilize approved Air Force ticketing system (Remedy) to create, modify, resolve, and complete all work orders within the allotted service priority matrix. Utilize the approved JWICS/NSA ticketing system or helpdesk to report issues associated with JWIC/NSANet. Ensure all tickets are accurately annotated, reviewed on a daily basis, and re properly routed to the appropriate personnel/organization. Utilize existing problem prevention and workload reduction techniques. Recommend enhancements to existing techniques and recommend new techniques to Government Staff.
Reporting - Provide weekly report to the Communication Systems Officer (CSO) and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) of status of all supported systems within the organization and supported sections.
BA/BS degree required.
Six Years of experience maybe be substituted in place of degree.
Current CISSP certification is required.
8 years of experience required.
6+ Years of experience maybe be substituted in place of degree.
"Familiarity with Xacta, eMASS, ACAS, STIGs, RMF, ICDs, NIST preferred."
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.