Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking an IT Network Engineer in Lynnwood, WA.
Responsible for architecture and maintenance of all local area network infrastructure technologies for Crane Aerospace and Electronics worldwide locations. Responsible for maintaining network administration tools with a particular focus on network access control systems. Responsible for maintaining relationships with third party vendors as well as the Crane Co Global GIS team. This role will require travel as needed to branch locations to perform maintenance and rollout activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architecture and administration of LAN technologies such as Juniper switches, Cisco switches, Aruba access points.
- Architecture and administration of network access control systems such as Cisco ISE, Forescout, FortiNAC.
- Maintenance of network management tools including Solarwinds NCM, Panorama, FortiManager, and Aruba Airwave.
- Act as an escalation point for LAN and NAC issues as needed from the CraneAE Service Desk team.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's to IT management for monthly reporting.
- Maintain a relationship with key third-party vendors such as hardware/software vendors, and VARs to provide support to the infrastructure as needed.
- Provide subject matter expertise for all networking technologies with heavy participation in key decision-making processes for the acquisition of new technologies into the environment.
- Work closely with other IT functional groups to ensure cohesive support and strategies across the IT organization.
- Minimum of eight (8) years in an IT role & minimum five (5) years in a Network Engineering role.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience implementing and maintaining network access control technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to run mid to large scale network implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to implement network access control technologies both on the edge and internally.
- Knowledge of: Juniper OS, Cisco IOS, Aruba IAP, FortiOS, Citrix NS, Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and later, Cisco ISE, ForeScout and FortiNAC
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated Leadership and Supervision
- Organization and prioritization
- Technical administration of complex solutions
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. As a US Department of Defense contractor we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Work requires substantial visual concentration on detail
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to employment.
Crane Co. reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of accountability and responsibility. This description should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.
- provided by Dice