We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
The role holder is responsible for the real time operations of the Company's IT infrastructure, including end to end accountability for its performance. They ensure it meets the demands of its customers and evolving business environment. The role holder works to resolve issues, outages, and to troubleshoot with the offsite network support teams. They also provide effective delivery and leadership of key business projects.
* Coordinating infrastructure related projects using MS Project
* Develop, plan, document and implement new IT systems and processes in accordance with company standards to significantly improve business processes, strategy, and ways of working.
* Developing, designing, maintaining, assisting, and adjusting all new and present network hardware, software, and communication techniques
* Inspect local LAN infrastructure for problems
* Design and install high-functioning computer network connections including cabling
* Onsite troubleshooting of network related failures to increase network uptime, working with corporate office
* Works with corporate office to ensure there is effective monitoring and proactive maintenance of backup / monitoring / server (including patching) / storage infrastructure to support the business and mitigate risk
* Ensures there is documentation and disaster recovery procedures in place, are effective through systematic and periodic reviews
* Maintains process governance/compliance tasks in accordance with auditing requirements
* Ensures technical documentation is developed as required
* Backup desktop support when necessary at two locations (onsite and remote)
* Will recommend, develop, and implement IT infrastructure solutions to improve key business processes
* Will work within the team to support both office and warehouse operations
* Will work on or lead IT infrastructure related projects for two locations (onsite and remote)
* Develop, plan, document and implement new IT technology and processes in accordance with company standards to significantly improve business processes and ways of working
* Provide recommendations regarding the spend on technical solutions and investment for cost improvements with direct manager
Additional Job Details
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Comprehensive working knowledge of: -
* Microsoft Technologies - Windows servers 2012 to 2016, SQL 2012 to 2016
* Microsoft Windows server roles (AD, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, DFS etc)
* Providing end-user PC hardware and software application troubleshooting resolutions, along with support for IT assets onsite
* Server hardware, storage, and connectivity
* Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
* Networking / Backup and virtualization technologies (VMWare)
* Window / MAC OS operating systems
* Experience of networking Technologies
* Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as an IT infrastructure Technician
* Associate degree in an IT networking-centered discipline
* Pertinent bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
* Must be able to coordinate IT infrastructure related projects
* Experience in remote infrastructure, MDF and IDF, network cabling, wireless systems, computer system architecture
* Must be able to prioritize issues based on complexity, urgency, and potential negative impact while tracking all incidents until the issue gets resolved
* Experience using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications
* Have a logical approach to problem solving together with a logical thought process
* Be able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
* Ability to be flexible, work with the needs of a changing environment
* Work within a team to meet objectives and targets
* ServiceNow application experience desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website:
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.